GED / HSE
High School Equivalency classes can help develop the reading, writing, math, science, and social studies skills needed to pass Texas High School Equivalency exams. Upon successful completion of the High School Equivalency (HSE) examination, the Texas Education Agency, (TEA), will issue you the Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency. Although there are other exams around the nation, the only HSE examination currently authorized by the state of Texas is the GED. The GED exam/s are administered via computer. Although WINGS has a limited number of public laptop computers for student use, it is highly recommended that each student have a personal device to access their lessons.
Hulsey Public Library is not a GED Testing Center. The State of Texas oversees GED Testing and has partnered with GED.com to provide testing services. The WINGS: GED Program is an exam preparation program. Students prepared to take GED exams may do so Online from their location or at a Testing Center. Go to the Get Your GED website for more information about the exam/s. The details are specific to each state. Please note the ID requirements of the State of Texas.
- Online From Your Location - $42.25/Subject
- At a Test Center - $36.25/Subject
Types of GED Preparation Classes
WINGS offers courses in all four subjects: Math, Reading Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. GED Exams are per subject. Language Translation features are embedded within the class curriculum.
- Students should be able to complete the GED Preparation program and take all of their GED Exams in about 40 weeks, with each course taking between 7 to 10 weeks to complete. Each subject is available once in the fall and once in the spring. Due to the popularity and demand of the program, regular attendance is required or you may be dropped from the class. There are a limited number of seats, once they are filled students will be placed on a waiting list for the next available term based on the order in which they enrolled.
This Fall, WINGS has a new *GED Class for English Language Learners. This class meets face-to-face on Thursdays from 11 AM - 1 PM and has an adjusted scope and sequence to better accommodate language learners.
- Students that enroll in online learning have from September - July to complete online classes for all four subjects. If a student has not completed all GED exams after that time, then they will need to enroll in the next term; subject to seating availability.
2023-2024 Class Schedules
Class dates are guided by the academic calendars of local school districts and colleges with most classes meeting from September - May. Holidays are announced on each class syllabus and posted on class message boards.
In Person Options
|August 28 - October 18
|October 30 - January 10
|January 22 - March 20
|April 1 - May 22
|May 26 - June 1
|August 29 - October 19
|October 31 - January 11
|January 23 - March 21
|April 2 - May 23
|May 26-June 1
|* GED for ELL (Thursdays Only)
|September 25 - May
|11 AM - 1 PM
|August 30 - July 30
How To Enroll
Enrollment is OPEN for the 2023-2024 School Year
- 18+ years of age
- Hulsey Public Library Card
- Personal Email Account
- Clear, headshot Photo for WINGS Student ID (Unfiltered headshot selfies are accepted. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email to make an appointment to have your photo taken at the Adult Education Center.)
To enroll in the HSE/GED Courses please click here: GED Enrollment Form. Complete the form and it will be submitted to the WINGS Coordinator. They will contact you at their earliest convenience.
Once classes are filled, applicants will be placed on a waiting list and contacted if a seat becomes available.