We are seeking people dedicated to serving the citizens of Terrell to join our team.
For posted job vacancies, the department will review all referred applications and select the applicants to be interviewed and processed. The interviewing department will call candidates to schedule interviews and select the applicant(s) to be considered and hired. Because of the volume of applications and the time required to review and process each application, you will not be called or contacted unless you are selected for an interview or otherwise continue in the hiring process.
- $62,400.00 (Starting)
- New Facility
- Lateral Entry
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) (7%/City Match 2 to 1)
- 12-Hour Shifts
- Specialized Units (K9, Traffic, SWAT, Narcotics)
- Health and Dental Plan
- Vested at 5 years
- Academy Sponsorship
Police Officer Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Education: High School Diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate (If you have a GED, then you must have completed at least 12 hours at an institution of higher education)
- If applicable, an honorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces is required
- Must be able to work rotating shifts including weekends
- Must be eligible for certification from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Applicants cannot be on probation for any offense on the date of the test
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with:
- No more than 2 at-fault crashes in the 6 months preceding the date of application
- No more than 1 conviction of a moving violation within 60 months
- No more than 3 moving violations convictions within 10 years
- No license suspension in the last 7 years
- Out of state applicants may apply, but must obtain a Texas driver’s license upon employment with the City
- Where can I find job opportunities with the Police Department?
- What is the application process?
- What should I expect on test day?
- Do you offer a study guide for the written test? What is the test over?
- I have previously used marijuana; will that disqualify me?
- Will a family violence conviction disqualify me?
- I have a Class B or higher conviction; will that disqualify me?
- When will I start the police academy?
- Do you recognize other state’s police officer certifications?
- What is the age limit?
- I have used heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, steroids or any other illegal narcotic at some point in my life, would that disqualify me?
- How long is the hiring process?
- Is a college degree required?
- What is the work schedule?
- What police officer positions are open?
- I have failed the written or physical test in the past, can I test again?
- What is your tattoo policy?
- What is your facial hair policy?
- What specialized divisions does Terrell offer?
- How do I apply?