Terrell Citizen's Police Academy
to Carry Handgun
The Terrell Police Department offers handgun license classes to the public.
Cost is $50.00. See below for a list of class requirements
2017 Class Schedule
The above schedule is for new classes.
New licence classes run from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm.
To Register for class, please send your full name, address, telephone
number and any questions to email@example.com
License to Carry Handgun Application
License to Carry Handgun Applications can be obtained from the Department
of Public Safety. Click on the link then select “Application”
from the drop down menu under “Online Services”.
To Take The Class
- You must supply a handgun of at least .32 caliber or larger.
- You must supply 50 rounds of factory ammunition for the handgun.
- You must supply eye and hearing protection. If you wear eyeglasses
that will satisfy the eye protection requirement.
- Bring a black pen.
- Dress appropriately for the weather - the range is outdoors.
You may complete the following before or after taking the class, but the
process must be completed in the following order:
1. The Application: Complete the Texas Department
of Public Safety License to Carry Handgun Application using this web
2. Fingerprints: The Texas Department of Public Safety
is mandating that all fingerprint submissions for Handgun license be
submitted through L1 Identity Solutions. Contact the nearest office
using this link and schedule to have your fingerprints taken and submitted.
Use this link to find the nearest location and schedule your appointment.
You can schedule your appointment online or call 1-888-467-2080 to schedule
- The cost of the class is $50.00 cash due at the time of the class.
Please cash only!!