Enter Key Words:
Ask the Mayor a Question
How Do I . . . ?
City Council - Agendas are posted on the City
Calendar when available.
City of Terrell Boards & Commissions
Volunteer for a Board or Commission
Ask The Mayor
Q. - I know there is not a race in 2013
for Mayor. When will there be another one? How do I find the information
if someone wanted to run?
Answer - Thanks for your inquiry.
The City of Terrell holds annual elections in May of each year. The
next Mayoral election will be May 2016. The composition, eligibility,
election and terms are found in the city charter.
Information about the elections is available from the City Secretary's
To run for office you must have the following qualifications:
(1) Must be a citizen of the United States.
(2) Must be a qualified voter of the State of Texas.
(3) Must have resided at least six (6) months next preceding the election
within the corporate limits of the City of Terrell and, where applicable,
in the district he wishes to represent.
(4) Must not have been convicted of a felony.
(5) Must not be disqualified by reason of any provision of any other
section of the city charter.
Hal Richards, Mayor